Wisdom teeth removal has become common among teens and young adults. These pesky molars are not only painful and discomforting for many, but they also hamper the aesthetic appearance of your smile.
Are you considering the removal of wisdom teeth near me? If yes, keep yourself well informed with this blog’s help regarding the procedure, problems and steps to recover from it.
What are wisdom teeth?
Wisdom teeth, also known as third molars, are located at the very back of our mouth. They hit in our early twenties and do not need removal if they are:
- Fully grown.
- Positioned correctly with other teeth.
- Proper biting.
- Cleaned properly.
When does the problem arise?
It’s actually when wisdom teeth do not get enough room to erupt properly. Problems related to wisdom teeth are:
- When they remain entirely hidden within the gums.
- Emerge partially through the gums.
- Crowd the surrounding teeth.
- They attract infection, diseases, bacteria and damage.
When is removal necessary?
As per American Dental Association, wisdom teeth removal is required if you experience any of the below conditions:
- Pain and discomfort.
- Repeated infection of soft tissues behind the tooth.
- Damages to surrounding teeth.
- Periodontal diseases.
- Severe tooth decay.
Amazing tips for recovering from wisdom teeth extraction faster.
Recovery after the removal procedure is essential.
Want a faster recovery? Follow the given below amazing tips:
- Take proper rest following your procedure as instructed by your dentist.
- Try not to suck from a straw during the recovery.
- Keep your head elevated for the first few days after the surgery to protect from any swelling and excessive bleeding.
- Keep yourself hydrated during the recovery.
- Eat healthy food and drinks to keep your body well-nourished.
- Avoid any hard, sticky or chewy substances.
Meet our experts for wisdom teeth removal
If you have any queries regarding the procedure or are considering the removal of wisdom teeth near me, be sure to contact our experts at the Center for Implant Dentistry and get modern, effective and comfortable solutions.