Imaging Center at Center for Implant Dentistry, Bay Area
- Eddie A.
With our in-house CT scan we are able to provide imaging for referring dentists in the area. The beauty of this revolutionary piece of technologically advanced equipment is that it provides three dimensional, high definition, visual data with less radiation exposure than alternate imaging devices.
The 3D CT scan machine is an excellent resource when treating:
- Airway Assessments
- Third Molar Extraction
- Implant Planning
CT scanning allows us to see what we need to do before beginning a procedure. We are able to see the condition, shape, and precise locations of teeth, bones, and tissues with a quick, comfortable, non-invasive scan; which dentists who are using traditional methods might not know of until the surgery begins.
The benefits of having the CT scan includes:
- Improved surgical predictability, for better, more predicable outcomes
- Ten times less patient exposure to radiation than medical CT scans.
- Lower cost than medical CT scans
- Fast, comfortable procedure, only takes about 20 seconds
- Open environment scanning is more comfortable for the patient
- Diagnostics and treatment planning can be completed in a single visit, with relevant data before the dentist’s eyes in a matter of minutes
- Makes surgery faster and more efficient
- Minimizes the risk of an error or misdiagnosis, because the dentist literally has a very clear picture of your mouth, face, and jaw
- We have software allowing us to share the CT scan images with patient’s medical doctor, other dental specialists, or other healthcare providers if requested.
Although every device, every tool, and every bit of technology in our office serves a specific, valuable purpose, the 3D CT scan machine is the single most important piece of equipment we use. Dr. Jain has stated that he would consider it a disservice to treat patients without the use of a CT machine; it enables navigational and surgical predictability for advanced diagnostics and planning. The distortion free dimensional data ensures accuracy for a better patient experience with better results.
implant dentistry, we utilize