Dental Crowns / Crowns Lengthening
WHAT IS A DENTAL CROWN?
A dental crown is essentially a hollow false tooth that is cemented over a natural tooth. Crowns have long been used to restore the appearance and functionality of compromised teeth while shielding them from further damage.
TRADITIONAL DENTAL CROWNS SAVE TEETH
Although we take great pride in the quality of our implant services, our first priority is serving the patient’s best interest. In many cases, extraction can be avoided with a quality dental crown placed to restore health and functionality to the tooth. This option will likely be recommended when:
- A root canal procedure has been done on a tooth, because it may be brittle
- The tooth is deeply cracked or broken
- Deep cavities or large fillings have weakened the tooth structure
- The tooth is badly misshapen or has other issues that cannot be corrected with options that are more conservative
- The tooth is worn down from bruxism (grinding) or normal wear and tear
WHAT IS CROWN LENGTHENING?
The cure for a gummy smile
Teeth that seem very small or short are often simply covered by excess gum tissue. When gingival tissue covers too much tooth surface, the result is a gummy smile. In the crown lengthening procedure, we remove the excess gingival tissue and sculpt the gumline for optimal beauty.
Crown lengthening in preparation for a dental restoration
In certain situations, crown lengthening may be necessary for us to reach a part of the tooth that has been damaged. Adjusting the gumline, we gain access to that allows us to repair the tooth.
- Hayward patients can enjoy aesthetic improvements with crown lengthening surgery
- San Jose crown lengthening specialist can enhance the smile
- Union City dentist offers crown lengthening procedures
- San Jose area dentist offers reconstructive dentistry with dental crowns
- Milpitas area patients ask, what is a gummy smile?
- What is the approximately cost of the crown lengthening procedure for patients in Union City?
- Hayward area dentist offers lengthening of crowns
- Dentist who offers crown lengthening surgery near me in the Bay Area
- San Francisco, CA area patients ask, what is crown lengthening?
- “Where can I find crown lengthening surgery near me?” ask San Jose, CA patients
Dineah T. I love this place from the day I walked in a month ago these people have made me feel comfortable and have built my confidence up so much already and I just started my journey... Ps Dr. Jain is the bomb he is doing magic on my implant so far.
implant dentistry, we utilize
the latest tools and technologies
- Bay Area
- Foster City
- San Jose
- Union City
- San Francisco
- Mountain View
- San Leandro